Rivergate 5-speed conversion for 1275

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rivergate 5-speed conversion for 1275
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:14:15 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been kind of quiet for the last couple weeks, but I've been swamped
at work, and that's where I do all my email from.

In any case, as soon as I get my bugeye back from the body shop (bonnet being
repaired), I plan to pull the engine to try and figure out the rear engine oil
leak. Since I'm pulling it anyway, I thought it might be a good time to due the
Rivergate 5-speed conversion. I plane to order the kit with the yoke option,
and
cut stick shift, and modified clutch components (and rear crank seal ;-).
Do any of you have any tips, that aren't included in the instructions??
Can I use my orginal Bugeye clutch line, and run a flex line from that, or do I
need to replace, and reroute the entire clutch line??

Thanks,
Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)
Sna Jose, CA