Re: spare tire

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spare tire
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 02:17:07 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/28/99 2:58:59 AM, BCAH@aol.com writes:

<< I see ads for spare tire hold down straps but can see no signs of any
fittings in the boot. What is supposed to be there?  I am going to bend up
some thin rods and weld 'em in there but thought I would ask the list for the
official answer.   Bob C >>

Bob,

If you have a bugeye look on the boot floor board almost against the rear
panel about 1/3 of the way out from the center.  There should be two "U"
shaped pieces of rod attached to the floor.  Would guess they are about 1/2
inch high.  There should be a third one about the center of the car on the
rear side of the differential hump.

Good Luck

Bob (and Annice)