Re: tune up questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tune up questions
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 03:04:57 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I figured it was from running too rich, as oil smoke tends to be blue.
I just checked the valves as a routine thing seeing the engine has only 600
miles since rebuilding..I probably should have retensioned the head first,
but I had done that after just a few miles.

>Are there other causes having to do
>with valve clearance, too?
If your clearances are too small then your valves may not be seating
properly after the engine is warmed up, allowing gases to blow by and oil to
seep in to chambers after turning off. That would give a puff of blue smoke
on start-up
Andy