Re: New To List

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New To List
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:55:32 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Welcome, Terry, you found the Spridget list.

An interesting thought, putting a 1500 into an A series car.  It is usually
the other way 'round.  The 1275 is a sharper running engine.  More of an
enthusiasts engine.  The 1500 has more power, but it seems somhow softer than
the 1275, so it has not gathered as much respect in serious performance
corners.  This is probably due to the changing economic and polution
requirements of the time.  I don't believe the 1500 will fit in the older
cars.  The 1500 engine bay was made larger to accomodate the engine.

>From what I understand about the bumpers, removing the rubber ones is easy,
and the chrome bumpers can then be mounted.  The body work underneath is very
similar to the CB Midgets.  The biggest problem is that the car looks like it
is sitting too high (which it is) if you do this.  A suspension lowering kit
is needed to make it right.  Personally, I don't think the RB Midget looks
too bad.  The big bumper looks much better on the Midget than it does on the
B.

Good luck with your project.  Keep us posted.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

In a message dated 11/2/99 6:49:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
t.williams@mrg.ca writes:

<< On the subject of the 1500s versus, say the later 1275s, what differences
 are there in engine/tranny mounting? Could one plant a 1500 into a 1275
 car?

<snip>

 Final question - when you peel off the front rubber bumper - what's there?
 A B without it's front bumper reveals just how changed the front (and rear)
 structures were changed. How 'bout the Midget. Looks to me like the entire
 grille surround is there? Anyone make the change? And on the rears, if one
 were to lose the rubber bumper, how would one build up the missing arch
 from the tailamp bottom down? There are B de-bumpering kits available - how
 'bout the Midget? >>