Re: Midget Jack on E-bay

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Jack on E-bay
From: "Stefan Roundy" <stefanr@bealenet.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 18:50:18 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Stefan Roundy <stefanr@bealenet.com>
    To: spridgets@autox.team.net <spridgets@autox.team.net>
    Date: 03 November, 1999 5:16 PM
    Subject: Midget Jack on E-bay

    I just got around to looking at the tire jack on E-bay, and believe it
to be correct for 1500 Midgets. The early cars used one with a separate
ratcheting handle. Late cars had one similar to that used on the MGB's with
an integral handle, only it was slightly smaller and had a plastic knob
rather than a wooden one. The Midget jack was also typically light blue in
color, rather than the deep red of the MGB unit. For anyone who doubts my
statement, look at the Victoria Brit catalog (part # 15-650), and the Moss
catalog (part # 386-920). Why is everyone insisting that the E-bay owner has
mislabeled the jack in his ad???  Lets hear from some 1500 Midget owners on
the list with original cars and see if their experience matches mine. Every
unmolested late car I've had came with this style of tire jack in the trunk.
    Cheers!
    Stefan