Re: new noise

To: toyman@htcomp.net
Subject: Re: new noise
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 16:55:44 EST
Cc: mhanna@ball.com, spritenut@Exit109.com, trunkie@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/6/99 7:25:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
toyman@htcomp.net writes:

<< Could this be caused by the throwout being loose in the holder? I have
seen that
 before.  >>

I guess it could be.  Seems logical that when the clutch pedal is depressed
and pressure is put on the throwout bearing the noise stops, that the
throwout could be loose.  I think I would check the front U-joint first to
eliminate it though--it would be a heck of an easier fix than the throw out
bearing.  Then again, how terrible is the click?  Is the clutch, tranny
operating just fine regardless of the click?  Maybe this is one of those "if
it aint broke dont fix it" situations if all it is is a click.

--David C.