Re: 1968 US midget

To: mikkel@isa.dknet.dk, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1968 US midget
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 06:56:41 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/7/99 6:35:11 AM Eastern Standard Time,
mikkel@isa.dknet.dk writes:

<< Sometime soon I am getting my own Midget MKIII from 1968. It is
 arriving from USA, and I was wondering what to expect in regard to
 wheels, interior and instruments etc. >>

Mikkel:

There are so many variables it would be impossible to tell you what to
expect.  Lots depends on where the car is from and where it was kept
(garaged, in a corn field, uncovered, etc.)  You didnt mention whether the
car was restored, good, rust-free running condition, basket case, etc.
Rust-wise, the floors seem to go, the lower a-post where the lower door hinge
is screwed into, the frame crossmember where it attaches to the inner rocker
panel, the rocker panels themselves.  If there is no rust in these areas,
then you have a good solid body shell to work with.  Instrument-wise, I know
if the oil pressure/temp guage still has that springy-covered capillary tube
running from the back of the instrument to the engine you are far ahead.
Most of them I have seen in restorable cars have been clipped by some DPO.

There is a checklist somewhere on here that you can use to evaluate a
Spridget.  My Internet right now is freezing up everytime I try to go to the
Archives, PDLJMPR, and anywhere else, so I can't find it for you.  Hope
someone on the list will do so.

Whatever it needs, if anything, Congratulations, and good luck.

--David C.