Re: E clip or circlip

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>
Subject: Re: E clip or circlip
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 11:25:17 -0800
Cc: "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Daniel:
The E clip (I agree, a very stupid design) is not flat, so when properly
installed pulls the slave cylinder tight against the backing plate.  The
circlip, which is far easier to install, is thinner, and flat, so yes, the
slave cylinder moves around, and will cause the dust boots to rub and wear
out quickly.  I solved this dilemma by using a flat washer between the
backing plate and the circlip.  Now the slave cylinder doesn't float around,
and installation is much easier.

David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget