Re: E clip or circlip

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: E clip or circlip
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:47:24 +1100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I'll just pass on a handy hint that someone gave me.

When changing wheel cylinders, pull the hub, shoes and backing plate off
the banjo. Replace the wheel cylinder on the bare backing plate. It is now
simple and straightforward, unlike trying to replace them in situ.

BTW, do not tighten up the 4 bolts on the backing plate until you have
mated up the brake line to the wheel cylinder. It is easier that way.

Mike