negative ground conversion

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: negative ground conversion
From: Glen <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 11:10:45 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
A question to the list,

I've completed the conversion to negative ground as per the excellent
instructions put forth by Frank Clarici.  Mitsubishi alternator,
3/8 bolt etc.  All wires joined as directed.  While I wait for
a new part for my starter, I have time to wonder why the starter
doesn't run backwards after the conversion.  I remember as a kid that
the little DC motors in toys all ran backwards when polarity was
reversed.  Is this not so with the starter, and if not, WHY?

I realize that if the wiper motor runs backwards it won't make any
difference in function, but not so for the heater blower and
starter motor.
                        Thanks,
                        Glen Byrns