Re: Lookin' For Bits n Pieces

To: Terry Williams <t.williams@mrg.ca>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lookin' For Bits n Pieces
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 19:24:47 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Terry Williams wrote:

> Hey everybody! (ala the Simpson's Doctor Nick)
>
> In the short time I've been on this list, I've discovered a whack of helpful
>advice and friendly folks..thanks for all that..
>
> So, let's go to those parts boxes shall we? I'm looking for useable used bits
>& pieces for the Midget, items like:
> - 2 Tenax fasteners
Both ends? I may have them, I'll dig.
> - the Velcro pieces that attach to the body
I know I have these because I change them to tenax faseners. (The velcro
works on paper but not at hiway speeds)
> - a radio blanking plate with the MG logo
Good luck
> - trim rail ends
Like in at the ears of the top? I have these.
> - chrome door wxstrip finishers LH/RH
I might have these, I have to dig.
> - Autumn Leaf interior bits ('specially the check straps)
We tight tech tip # 200, Camel (color) vinyl spray paint (AKA interior
in a can) as made my Martin Seymeur paints works great!

> - (long shot) I see the VB/Moss catalogues show a passenger sided package
>shelf for under-dash? Hmm? Hmm?
Again I make my own out of either an old No parking sign or 1/4"
plywood.
It lasts alot longer then the original cardboard parcel shelf.

> (Yeah, I know they're all available new, but I'm on a bit of a budget..aren't
>we all?)
No, none of us are on a budget, if we were, we wouldn't be playing with
these 20-40 year old little cars. And since we are NOT playing with
Ferarris, We just tight!
> Also looking for a contact (e-mail?) for a UK breaker yard?
Here it is.

Hi,
My name is Dave Brunton
I was browsing through BritishCars.com and saw your link.

I live near Manchester, UK.
I was wondering if you would be interested in having a contact in
Britain ( myself ) who would be able to
find those elusive components you or an associate may be searching for.
E.g. Lamp clusters, door finishes, workshop manual, etc.
The list is endless.

All you need do is Email me with what you are after and I will attempt
to find it over here in the UK.
If my search is successful I will then quote you the price for the part,
this will include my service charge.
You will be liable for all shipping costs and any duty that may be
payable.

Please let me know if I may be of service to you.

http://david.brunton.org/cars
Dave

--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will