Re: DMV Non-Op

To: BILL <billh@aaai.com>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DMV Non-Op
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 16:40:18 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bill,

I have two non-ops, both were one time $10 fee (used to be $5) and I
receive renewal slips every year by mail. No charge until you register.
I've heard they will stop sending them after about 4 or 5 years. When I
went for a new title for the MKIV, they tried to make me pay $100+ in
resigtration and title fees even after I showed them photos of the body
shell stripped of paint and all running gear! After insisting several times
that all I wanted was a title, and giving them a statement of fact, they
finally relinquished their desire to collect all the fees and just charged
me the $10 for the title and $10 for the non-op. The key is to know exactly
what's required by the DMV (the people at the branch usually don't). I've
never received the same answer twice from DMV employees... if you can find
one that will help, either try a different branch or ask for a supervisor.

Gerard

At 8:37 AM -0800 11/15/99, BILL wrote:
>Does anyone have experience with registering their LBC on a "Non-Op" in
>California? I'm finally conceding that HRBYTOY won't be running in the
>near future and I don't want give the state more money than I have to.
>
>My question is , what happens when you re-register? Do you have to get a
>safety check, etc? Just want to know what I'm in for when I do this.
>
>Thanks,
>Bill Hunt
>64 MKII - HRBYTOY

Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A