Re: Air/Fuel Ratio Monitor

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air/Fuel Ratio Monitor
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 14:46:03 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Jeff,
Peter answered your first question better than I could.

On a car with stock exhaust manifold, I would drill a hole big enough
for the tip of the sensor to go through into the exhaust pipe right
below the manifold.
If you use a header, install it in the collector of the header or the
pipe right after the header.

Then weld the "bung" to the pipe so you can screw the sensor in.

If you use multiple carbs, I wouldn't mount it to one primary of the
header, since you'd only get the mixture of that one cylinder which may
be different from the others.
Since you are using a heated sensor, it doesn't need to be extremely
close to the engine.

Ulix (dual twin choke Webers and LEDs flashing wildly)

--
http://students.washington.edu/~ulix/         '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9