Electrical Short!!

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical Short!!
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:14:23 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Developed a little problem.  Any insight will be appreciated.   My '79 Midget
blew a fuse which took out my tach, fuel guage, turn signals, winshield
wipers, and the engine temp guage.   Tomorrow I am going to tackle the chore
of tracing and searching for the short (I replaced the fuse and it
immediately blew again).

Any ideas as to where the most likely place for a short is would be
appreciated.  Like is it unlikely to be inside a wrapped section or harness
and more likely to be in the section running from the wrapped section to the
guage (that makes sense)? Anything that might shorten the search.  Thanks!!

--David C.