Re: tach probs

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tach probs
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:14:23 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
It is possible to remove a tach from the dashboard and connect it to the
proper places with jumper wires to check whether a fault might be in the
wiring harness.   You would have to determine the "proper places" with the
use of a wiring diagram.   There is a difference in the external tach wiring
between the earlier tachs and the later ones.

However, I think it is highly unlikely that tapping on the tach face could
make the tach work again if the problem is at some remote point in the
wiring harness, as opposed to being inside the tach itself, or in the wiring
immediately attached to the tach.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain