Re: Dash

To: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Subject: Re: Dash
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 17:51:32 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." wrote:

> List,
>
> Will a dash from a '66 Sprite bolt directly on to a '73 Midget?  I like the
> looks of the older dash and gauges.  Are there any wiring harness issues?

Paul

It will (see PIECES a 73 Midget) But I used 2 carriage bolts on the
extreme outer ends where the 66 had studs. You can not see the bolts
between the crash pad (which you will need) and the windshield. You will
also need the steering column and signal switch since the collapsable
column from the 73 just doesnt go with the 66 dash. Wiring is straight
forward except for the 2 speed wiper switch and you either have to add a
switch for the washers or give them up. The 66 had a manual push washer
set up the 73 had an electric set up.

--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will