Re: tach induction loop

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tach induction loop
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 16:57:05 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/21/99 2:32:39 PM, tzuchow@attglobal.net writes:

<<  Does it matter

which way the wire goes in the clamp?  >>

Yes it does but I do not know which way is going to work on your tach.  For
no good reason I would take the wire as it comes from the ignition and run it
through the clamp from the right hand side as you look at the back of the
tach.  Make a half inch diameter loop that points towards the floor of the
car.  The wire then passes through the clamp, entering from the same side as
it started.  The clamp should be a plastic part with a "U" shaped piece of
metal that goes around the clamp and makes contact with two metal contancts
in the tach.  As is obvious you can try it one way and if that does not work
then run the wires in the opposite direction.

Hope this helps.

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor) in progress