Re: Rear Axle Fit?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Axle Fit?
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:51:43 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike,

This may be one of those great BMC mysteries.  We have one axle that is the
same way.  For over 25 years it was fine then about three years ago it would
no longer slide all the way home.  A hammer does not help but it will go home
by using the lug nuts to "pull" it the rest of the way.  It may still leak
however.  For us it is always the left hand side regardless of which axle we
use or which differential.  If you take the differential out the axles slide
in both sides with no difficulty.  Put it all back together and the left side
will not go home.

Puzzled also

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)