Rear Axle Fit?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Axle Fit?
From: Mike Maclean <macleans@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 21:46:36 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I just spent all afternoon and most of the evening assembling and
installing the front and rear bearings and hubs.  I had planned to have
the brakes in and the car off the homebuilt dolly and on wheels by now.
Last weekend was spent installing the rear axle and springs.
The front suspension has been in for a few weeks now.  The problem I'm
having is with the rear axles. They both will not seat on the hub
flange.  They bottom out about 1/16th away from the flange.  Gonna be
some oil leak there!  I tried Frank's remedy: a BFH.  No dice.
     Have I got two incorrect axles?  This was a basket case and the
rear end was not assembled when I got it.  What gives?
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite