Re: sun visor holders

To: "John C. Gottstein" <gottstein@erols.com>
Subject: Re: sun visor holders
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:14:58 -0800
Cc: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

"John C. Gottstein" wrote:

> Has anyone devised something better than those stupid rubber things on the
> top of the windshield frame to keep the sun visors in place?  Every time I
> have the top up on my Midget, the clamps that attach the top frame to the
> windshield frame protrude out so much, that I can't get the sun visors to
> stop popping out every time I hit a bump in the road.

John,

    I saw this once on a '75 in a junkyard that I was getting parts out of.
The PO had replace the rubber with a pinch type of spring clip.  They were a
little larger than the original rubber type but were much skinnier and all
metal.  They screwed right into the original rivet holes.  The design was much
the same as the rubber type, and held the visor the same way.  It looked
better than original and really held the visor tight.  I have no idea what
kind of car the came out of, but my guess would be another British one.
Anyone out there with something other than a Spridget or a B have any ideas?
I should have taken them but didn't need them at the time...

Steve.
--
Steve McGee

 Life is unpredictable.  Eat dessert first.