Engine wanted :(

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine wanted :(
From: Thecarguru@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 20:22:29 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
 Hi everyone.
Is there anybody in the Washington State/ Northwest area with a good 1500
block they might be willing to sell (reasonably)? I just found out today that
BOTH of my project 1500 engine blocks are useless (one was cracked at the
bottom of the water jacket in the crankcase,the other has a nickel sized
chunk of cylinder wall removed by the piston pin that is beyond an.040
overbore) Besides the cost of sleeving, the outlook of a sleeve job on a 1500
is pretty grim as the bottom of the cylinders are notched fairly heavy for
rod clearance leaving very little cylinder "skirt"to hold the sleeve up.
I guess these S******e engines are junk in more than one way sometimes.
Please respond directly...also, if anyone is looking for a couple of boat
anchors....

Gary
75 Midget daily driver
75 Midget project car (thats starting to look like a real nice parts donor
allofasudden...:(