Re: Daimler SP250 (Dart) question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Daimler SP250 (Dart) question
From: "Angela Hervey-Tennyson & Peter Westcott" <toobmany@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 22:08:02 +1100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Quite idiosyncratic looks and yes, in the US it had to be marketed as the
SP250 because Chrysler had Dart.  The engine was designed by Edwad Turner
of Norton and was essentially an 8 cyl motorcycle engine.  To save money
many of the chassis and drivetrain components were sourced from TR bits.
Early chassis flexed like the blazes but once Jaguar took Daimler over the
chassis was stiffened.  It is said Lyons killed it to preserve E type
sales.  The SP250 was a very handy performer in sports car racing in it's
day and is a very good sporting tourer.

Peter

HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/fl2/darkside/mycar.html";>Wel