Re: spridget transporting with a dolly, or...

To: PaulM <pmetzger@top.monad.net>
Subject: Re: spridget transporting with a dolly, or...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 20:29:21 -0500
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
PaulM wrote:

> hi gang,
>         i nailed down the '69 midget rust bucket on ebay over the weekend. in
> the tradition of 'we tight', i'm considering dragging it the 225 miles
> from syracuse, ny to keene, nh with a tow dolly. before committing any
> fatal faux pas i'm looking for some advice:
>         should i roll it with the front or rear wheels on the dolly?

I would put the front wheels on the dolly and yank the drive shaft.
I saw a dollyed car have it's driveshaft/tranny blown apart. It took out
the engine back plate, distroyed the tranny, and the driveshaft blew a
rather large hole in the tunnel.
Unbolt the 4 driveshaft/diff bolts and pull it right out of the car so
it has no chance of slipping out when on the road.
Make sure the bake brakes are not seized or rusted and the car rolls
freely too.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici