Re: Is that transmission any good?

To: geopro@cyberdrive.net
Subject: Re: Is that transmission any good?
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 01:24:40 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi George,

Unfortunately you can't get a decent look at the first gear ring without
taking off the shifter fork that surrounds it.  Can't get that off
without a disassembly of the whole thing.  About the best you can do is
to take off the side cover and look at the smallest end of the laygear
with a dental mirror and flexible flashlight.  Not too good, but it's
about the best that can be done short of a tear down.

Good luck!

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 00:49:10 -0500 "George Procyshyn"
<geopro@cyberdrive.net> writes:
>List
>Just got a nice 1275 transmission. Prior owner knew nothing
>of it's condition or mileage.  It's not in a car.   Other
>than calling the physic network, how can I tell if/what
>problems it might have?
>George Procyshyn
>'58 AN5

Why pay more to get Web access?