Re: Is that transmission any good?

To: geopro@cyberdrive.net
Subject: Re: Is that transmission any good?
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 10:32:11 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
George,

I happen to have a 'new' complete gasket set for a ribcase, and new layshaft
with needle bearings, and I think a rear seal if you're interested, or need
them. I don't remember how much I paid for them, but I'll double check, and
take
off at least 25%, you can also check all the suppliers and do a lot better than
what ever your lowest price is. (BTW - I am NOT in the business of selling
parts, but happen to have these left over from my bugeye restoration)

But before you do anything drastic, I'd just open up the side view plate, and
check for debris in the bottom, if there are no significant  metal chips of any
kind (steel or bronze), chances are the tranny is in good shape. This is how I
checked mine, and so far it seems to be working fine after I put it in the car.

Regards - Bryan