Re: Upholsterers

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, "Wiedemeyer" <boxweed@thebest.net>, <LBCarNut@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Upholsterers
From: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 18:57:24 -0500
Cc: "spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Martin MacGregor is excellent at all accept at getting back and quoting a
firm price.  Martin will do excellent work, but I doubt he will be able to
give you an exact price.  I am not surprised that the Moss and Vicky B kits
are off colour as they are production run and not specifically slanted to
your particular year.  You might want to consider looking at AH Spares for
their selection.  Once again, I remind you that the kits supplied might be
production and not year specific.

Now, having said all that, I ask that you review your requirement.  To the
best of my knowledge and I am not taken back by being corrected, there were
no special yearly variations.  Is it possible that your car has either been
recovered once or came from an 'odd' dye lot. Is it also possible that the
colour may have changed over the years?  As a final comment, if price does
not matter, anybody can do it!!!

Regards,
Martyn

PS: Bought my green interior from AH Spares, can't tell if its perfect to
original, there was nothing for me to go by!

At 09:17 12-12-99 -0800, Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:
>Bob,
>
>My friend Chuck, who is building the Ginetta, is having all his upholstery
>and top made from scratch. The guy who is doing the job is in located in
>Northern California, and has an exceptional reputaion for
>quality/councourse work. Chuck only has the best do work for him. I'm sure
>he's not cheap and I don't know if he would do something long distance (I'm
>not sure where you live), but if this interests you I will get the contact
>information for you.
>
>Gerard
>

>At 10:34 AM -0500 12/12/99, Wiedemeyer wrote:
>>Does anyone know of a good upholsterer that can do seats, tonneau, door
>>panels, and top to original specs?  I am restoring two '63 Spridgets, one
>>with red interior and the other with blue, and the red and blue material
>>supplied by Moss and VB are way too dark.  (Back in May, Daniel Thompson
>>posted an upholsterer named Martin MacGregor in Canada, whom I contacted and
>>actually sent some samples of my original upholstery to, but after several
>>calls since then to him, and several promises by him to respond with a price
>>to do all the work for me, I still have not heard from him, so would prefer
>>to deal with someone more reliable.)
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Bob
>

>G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
> E A
>  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
>   A A
>    R G          Pixelsmith  on  Duty
>     D E
>      S      http://www.gerardsgarage.com

The Journey, not the destination, becomes a source of wonder.
         (Loreena McKennitt - liner notes - 'The Book of Secrets')