Leaky Transmission

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Leaky Transmission
From: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:50:43 EST5EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
List,

After a few recent drives in the '66 I noticed that I had a pretty severe oil
leak.  At first I thought I had a leak in the spin-on oil adaptor kit.  After
re-
working that installation, the oil continued to leak.  I put the car up on
stands and crawled under with the motor running.  I couldn't find the leak.
Then I put her in gear and I found it...between the motor and the
transmission.  I removed the tranny oil fill plug and sure enough the oil level
was down.  Also, the DPO must have known about the problem as the
threads to hold the plug are in terrible condition.

Peter S. told me that I can order a front plate (?) for the transmission with a
new seal installed (1275 cc with ribcase).  Has anyone had any experience
with these?  I went to Mini Mania's web site but wasn't sure of the part to
look for.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Paul

Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.
Lexington, KY