Engine pulling

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine pulling
From: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 10:07:41 EST5EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
List,

Because my local LBC mechanic is down on his back, I am going to have
to pull my motor and tranny to get to that transmission oil leak I asked
about last week.  I've never pulled a motor and tranny before and would like
some help.  Is there a post on the puddlejumper or elsewhere that can give
me some pointers before I start?  I have a Haynes book but haven't looked
at it yet as I have just now made the decision to pull the motor on my own
this morning.

While the drivetrain is out, are there other parts that I should replace while
I'm in there?

I have decide not to install a Datsun 5-speed in this Sprite until the original
tranny dies...unless I can get a mint for it on ebay.

BTW, I have a non-bugeye 948cc in my garage I can let go cheap.  Engine
number 9CG-DA-H 23615 (from a Midget?).  No carbs no air cleaners.  It
was installed in a bugeye while the bugeye's original motor was being
rebuilt.  I've had it one year.

Nervously yours,
Paul

Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.