RE: Wood Wheel - Frogeye

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wood Wheel - Frogeye
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 10:16:35 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Martyn, Jamie et al:

Look in Horler's book "Original Sprite and Midget" for a very good color
picture of the original Donald Healey Motor Company wheel. They are just
about impossible to find now. If you have one, complete with hub (very
important), it would be worth well over $1000 in good condition. Even poor
condition ones are worth $500-$750. (on eBay multiply by a factor of five).

Brian Archer Garages in England manufacture a complete replica Sebring
(Sprinzel) Sprite in fiberglass using the molds taken off an original car.
They also reproduce the steering wheel, seats, side screens etc. All hand
made. I have the catalog and I believe the wheel will set you back $600 or
so. Both the Sprinzel autobiography and the recent series of articles in
Healey magazine talk about Archer's Garage.

You have to remember that there were quite a few after market steering
wheels available for the Sprite. Most of them are no longer in business. Les
Leston is one that comes to mind. One day one of us will have the time and
energy to catalog them all! Right after that we will repeat the procedure
for aftermarket bonnets.

Daniel58612