Re: Nuts and Bolts -- what sizes

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Nuts and Bolts -- what sizes
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 08:38:59 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"William M. Gilroy" wrote:

> I searched the archives and could not find an answer, but I know that
> it is in there.  Oh well.
>
> What is the most common size and threads of nuts and bolts on a spridget.
> I would like to keep a stock in my drawers but I need to know what to
> buy from the bulk supplier.  Thanks.

Bill

1/4 x 28   (3/4" to 1.25" long
5/16 x 24  (1" to 2" long
3/8 x 24   (1.5" long for most
10 x 32 stainless philips pan head machine screws with keps star lock
washers are great to have around too.
And if you go to Central Jersey Screw and Bolt, see if they have anymore
1/4 x 28 pan head philips machine screws in nickle plate. These look
just like chrome and have lots of uses.
C J Screw and Bolt is in the Lakewood Industrial Park, I would assume
they ship but I do know you have to be a business and they only sell by
the 100 count box.
$50-$60 buys you all the bolts you need for a few cars. If you go there,
ask them for one of their 5 lb boxes of "floor sweepings" If you ever
need a weird nut, bolt, or funky fastener, it's in the floor sweepings
box.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ