'nuther junker

To: "Clarici, Frank" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Strickland, Jamie" <judas_priest62@hotmail.com>
Subject: 'nuther junker
From: Brad Fornal <toyman@htcomp.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 18:13:41 -0600
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I just went and partially stripped down the Bugeye that I have been
given. Jamie, the chassis # is AN5L/12786, consider this car dead and
definetly dying, it has rust so bad that the sills are almost gone. When
I open the left door there is a tag that reads AN 512657. inside the
right door is a tag that reads BAE 12852.  The 1st question is: what
does the right door tag represent?  The engine # is 9A-U-H 22558 and
what is left of the single S.U. has a tag that reads AUC924 though it
seems double stamped so it is hard to be sure. I thought that all Bugeye
engines were 9C's so the 2nd question is: what is this engine from??  I
had someone speculate that it may have come from an A40, what are your
opinions, Frank, Peter, all other Morris gurus?  Thank in
advance......      Brad