RE: Midget Stereo & speakers...

To: <AHSprite78@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Midget Stereo & speakers...
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 20:07:05 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
This will probably send the purists out there into a conniption, but I found
that 4" speakers fit quite nicely into the upper corner of the doors, near
the front.  It requires some metal snipping and judicious removal of part of
the top hinge mount, but the speakers end up fitting quite nicely.  I put
some Polk audio separates in, and the tweeters fit nicely surface mounted
next to the 4 inchers.  I put a small subwoofer in the back, so it doesn't
matter if the top is folded down or not.  For a while there, I had a stereo
installed that was worth more than the car!!!  Not so now.  Bad trunk seal
put an end to some of the equipment!  I've also seen some center consoles
that have speaker holes in the side, but that probably doesn't create a very
good sound stage!!!<GRIN>  I'd be interested in hearing other locations
people have used also.

Greg Gowins
'69 Sprite
Dublin, CA