Re: media blasting

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>, Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: media blasting
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:21:57 -0800
In my experience, clogging occurs either from moisture developing in the
line from the compressor or smal rocks in the sand that weren't filtered
out. It's a good idea to screen even the new stuff and use a drier after
the compressor.

In addition, I have an 8 foot vertical pipe after my compressor. I connect
the compressor line to the bottom and the air feed line at the top (after
the drier). Moisture will condense in the pipe, and collect on the bottom.
A drain tap at the bottom will vent the water. It was made from copper pipe
and some brass fitting and was very cheap to make and install.

Gerard

At 8:06 AM -0800 1/11/00, Ron Soave wrote:
>> just be carefull with the air pressure, and use play
>> sand i believe it is
>
>I've had trouble with play sand clogging.
>
>=====
>Ron Soave
>
>IGNORE THE YAHOO MESSAGE BELOW!!!!!
>http://im.yahoo.com