Re: Fw: cool ... no lbc

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, Bushwacker4@prodigy.net
Subject: Re: Fw: cool ... no lbc
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 07:03:50 EST
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/14/00 11:42:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<< And wasn't there something about why my Spridget was hard starting in
 the cold last week.
 Well an Austin A40 just said it was toooooo darn cold to fire up this
 morning.
 Even Dad couldn't get it going. And it has a new battery! These cars
 don't like the cold, neither do I.

I have noticed that my Midget gets harder to start when it gets down in the
20's and below.  In fooling with the carb and the choke under those
conditions, I noted that the choke plate seems a lot more sluggish--have
wondered whether condensation might freeze around the choke shaft, or oil
that seeps in after being blown all over the carb by the rocker cover hose
might stiffen in freezing weather and seize the choke till it warms up and
thaws.  After starting and getting on the road it runs like s**t until
obvioiusly the choke opens, then its ok..Have wondered if there is any way to
keep that choke shaft clean?

--David C.