Re: dyslexia vs. linear thinking (no lbc)

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: dyslexia vs. linear thinking (no lbc)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 08:18:39 -0800
Cc: cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
I must agree with the general consensus that far too many teachers are unable to
deal with students who fall outside the parameters ofthe accepted "normal
child".  I was able to read the newspaper, cover to cover, prior to beginning
kindergarten, but in 3rd grade I had a teacher take a book away from me, telling
me that it was far too advanced for me and that I was to select one more
appropriate to my age group.  I was never able to successfully deal with numbers
the entire time that I was in school, although I could speak fluently in 3
languages.  It took a Navy instructor approximately 2 hours to have me doing
advanced trigonometry, but I still have trouble balancing my checkbook. Is
something wrong here?
Kate

Chuck,