Re: emergency brake

To: "Glen" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: emergency brake
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:43:10 +1100charset="iso-8859-1"
Well the cable does stretch, but here are a few other things to check

a) brake adjuster (on the inside of the backjing plate. Screw in (with the e
brake off)
until the wheel doesn't turn freely then backoff 2 flats

b) rods and clevis pins. These wear so that the holes are elongated and the
pins are worn.
You lose a *lot* of effective travel that way.

Mike