Re: 210 engine/tranny transplant

To: mhanna@ball.com
Subject: Re: 210 engine/tranny transplant
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:51:30 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
You have to to cut the chassis frame but there is a kit from Frontline so it
is not that difficult.  You also at present, need to cut a new hole for the
gear stick but in fact can do a cut'n shut on the gearbox remote section to
avoid this (but if you have an 8 track?).  The kit includes a bellhousing.  A
little hole for the speedo cable needs to be cut and a small oval hole for
some reason I've forgotten.  The main thing is the chassis cut (the bit you
lift the standard box over when installing).

The big advantage is that you can do everything with this box and I have just
seen 6 speed sequential boxes (£3K) for those with deep pockets.  For a
budget swap you might just want to fit the quick shift gear lever.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 18/01/00 20:35:48 GMT Standard Time, mhanna@ball.com