LBC problems

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: LBC problems
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 23:14:52 -0500
It's been 10 degrees or less the past few mornings here in Joisey.
Both of my Sprites start but they don't have too.
My daughters A40 (RW drive 1275) just will not start when it's this
cold.
She uses it to get to school and it's her only car.
After a new battery, tune up, and timing set, it still will not fire up.
It cranks fine, but after 20 minutes or so, the battery is weak.
It wants to start but just will not.
This morning at 6:30 I had to jump start it from a Sprite. (just because
it was parked next to a Sprite in the driveway)
It has a 1.75 SU on it. It needs more choke but this is not adjustable
on the 1.75, at least not that I know of.
Short of starting fluid, does anybody have any ideas?
The only thing on the ignition system that has not been changed is the
coil and it was new a couple years back. Of course it's a Lucas.

Would a hotter plug help out?
Maybe the Weber should go back on it?
She wants to sell it or trade it for a modern jellybean or sport ute.
HELP!!!!!!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ