Re: Weekend Project Assistance

To: "Terry Williams" <t.williams@mrg.ca>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weekend Project Assistance
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 10:51:13 -0800
Terry,

I have a '75 that has the same bracket. I believe mine also had a mounting
bracket for a square plastic reservoir that mounts on the same locatioN
(came with the car but unattached). I searched my British Leyland 1500
Workshop Manual which has very detailed illustrations of everything, but
haven't located info on that yet.

The front brake hoses need to be disconnected (or at least loosened) from
the frame first, otherwise you can't spin the hose off the caliper without
twisting the hose. The sequence would be: remove brake line from hose at
frame mount, then remove (or loosen) nut that hold hose to the frame. Just
be careful where the brake fluid goes, as it likes to remove paint!

Gerard

At 1:19 PM -0500 1/22/00, Terry Williams wrote:
>Listers..
>
>Now that I have personally moved the proverbial 16 tons of snow, pursuits
>can return to the Midget. I'm in the midst of shock replacement (still no
>takers on that bracket question?), and have discovered, of course, that the
>brake hoses need to be replaced. A new pair came with the car, so here's
>the question:
>
>Should I drain the brake system at the calipers? Which end to remove first,
>at the claiper, or at the body. Clymer book says the chassis end should be
>first, to remove or replace? Looking for sequence information/experience
>here.
>
>Thanks in advance..
>
>Terry 'Third Snowdrift From Right" Williams

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A