Re: Progress Report - Actual Progress

To: "Brad Fornal" <toyman@htcomp.net>, "Philip Hubbard" <hubbard@idir.net>
Subject: Re: Progress Report - Actual Progress
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 10:49:42 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
No Brad, you definately adjust tappets cold.

Loose tappets means more noise, and more wear to the valve train, especially
between rocker and push rod.

If very loose the valve will open later, and close sooner, and not open as
wide.  All this adds up to less fuel mixture drawn in, and less "bang" per
cylinder.  Also less exhaust gas expelled so less room for new mixture.
i.e. less efficiency, less power.

I don't think that there is the sort of "either / or" relationship with high
revs or better torque suggested by Herb, I think its just simply less power.
! May be wrong here.

Too little valve clearance "just" leads to burnt valve seats.

Guy