fan thing

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: fan thing
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 07:20:06 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
when i was looking fr a close match for the "yellow" i found testors model
paint came in small spray cans.
it was sunflower yellow if i remember right.  probably safety yellow by now.
it was real cheap, came in a small ready to spray can and was enamel based.
it has lasted great for over 20 years now on the blades.  using steel fan
with stamped steel pulley, not the cast one, on an aluminum pump on my 1275.
minor adjustment on 1275 timing cover breather to clear fan blades needed
for this combo.  or change the timing cover or remove the breather all
together.  i left it in place  just a bit of modification on front edge of
top of breather where it contacted the trailing edges of the blades.  now
use breather as a road draft tube no excessive leaking or oil consumption
and no blow by out tube.  no pcv set up either. using early type of valve
cover with metal cap and breather tube to aircleaners.  have a hose on the
breather tube but it is just for looks!  it is plugged inside the hose.
didnt feel like cutting tube off valve cover and air cleaner housing and
welding shut.  just in case ever decided to make functional again.

chuck.
did have to notch the valve cover edges front and rear for the extra stud
and bolt for the cooper"s" head though.  but hardly noticable.
and used triumph "spinach" exterior color in enamel for the engine paint.
very closely matched the olive colored engine paint, and looks real good.
and has held up well for over 10 years now.  it was dupont acrylic enamel
sprayed without the hardner.
when i did my car i did not have available to me so many resources as are
available here.  might have done difrently, but it is a bit late now.
although if i redo anything?   i'm open to ideas!  thanks gang!...c.