Re: New Purchase!!

To: chaz2@gis.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Purchase!!
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 21:50:22 EST
In a message dated 2/6/00 8:10:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, chaz2@gis.net
writes:

<< Can this be done with
 a U-Haul type device
  or will I have to have a flat bed pick it up? >>

Charles:  You will probably get differing ideas on this question--I for one,
think you will be  just fine hauling the Midget on the U-Haul Tow Dolly.  It
DOES fit, although very tightly, contrary to what U-Haul might tell you.  I
hauled a '73 Midget a relatively short distance on one and it went right on.

I would suggest that once you get the vehicle on the tow dolly, you crawl
under it and   take the bolts out of the driveshaft and remove it from the
tranny.  That takes your transmission out of the action.   Also be sure the
differential is topped up with lubricant.

--David C.