Re: Interesting idea..mid-engine Sprite

To: tom zylla <bugeyeguy@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Interesting idea..mid-engine Sprite
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 23:20:25 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
tom zylla wrote:

> Could a mini type engine/transaxle be mounted right
> behind my back and set up to only power the wheels and
> not provide steering input?

Tom

I have an article on the BMC Sprint (not Sprite) it was "proposed" using
a bugeye Sprite with a rear engine drivetrain. Sort of like a
reverseMini.
I have the article somewhere, it's probably copywrited so maybe I should
not post it to the list.
The car, as we all know, never happened but what would this do to a
Sprite with it's 50/50 weight distribution?
If anyone is interested, I'll dig up the magazine and give a report.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ