Re: AHCUSA-response to follow-up

To: gregk@batnet.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AHCUSA-response to follow-up
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:08:29 EST
Fellow Listers and Friends:

After having read this thread, and considering the straight up responses of
Reid Trummel and of Greg Kaufman, I think there was no harm meant nor was
there any wrongdoing intended.  They both sound like honest, straightforward
guys whose number one interests are promoting the "keeping 'em on the road"
theme that we all live by day to day.  I am especially encouraged, and a bit
confused by the strong response of the list, that the Austin Healey Magazine
was attempting to promote and assist the ownership and maintenance of
Spridgets by the inclusion of Frank's article in its pages.  We ourselves are
pining about there not being enough attention given to OUR  corners of the
LBC world.

I agree that they should have contacted Frank, as I would like to be
contacted, but it appears that through Les's permission, they could use the
article.  Les is one of our own who has worked tirelessly and with great
direction to help us "keep 'em running".  He undoubtedly felt that PDLJMPR
articles were useful enough and expert enough that more people should have
access to them.  Of course I am only speculating.  Probably the worst sin
here is that of mis-communication all around, including here on the list.  I
certainly hope Greg calls Frank, and Frank calls Les, and they all get this
thing worked out to their satisfaction.

For me, this is over--a dead issue. It has been properly rectified as far as
the list is concerned.  Explanations have been rendered.  Let's move on and
deal with our Spridgets.

--David C.