Re: Front Damper Pulley

To: Tom Speed <tspeed@carolina.rr.com>, Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Front Damper Pulley
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 19:53:02 -0800
Tom Speed wrote:

> Frank,
>    I hate to disagree but the nose of the 948 and the 1275 are exactly the  >
>same. The use of the dampener from the 1275 is highly recommended.

Ok, I stand corrected.
Now I have a timing cover with a much smaller hole and a totally
different seal, (a felt seal not rubber)...................
I just went out and pulled the 948 pulley and installed a 1275 balancer.
It fits fine.
So what is this spare t/cover I have that is exactly like an A series
timing cover but with a much smaller hole? Neither pulley fits this
cover.
--
Frank, hanging his head in shame BUT coming out learning something new.
Even if I had to prove it to myself.