Re: Front Damper Pulley

To: "Richard Shipman" <mbelect@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Front Damper Pulley
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:16:56 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
From Richard Shipman <mbelect at mindspring.com>
To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: 16 February 2000 23:44

> Frank, I have a rebuilt 948 & 1275 sitting side-by-side and believe it or
> not, I can put either pulley on either engine. The crankshaft diameters
are
> both 1.000" and the pulley's outer (sealing) diameters are both 1.562".
>
> 948 Engine is 9C-U-H 14476
> 1275 Engine is 12V/671Z/L16106
>
> Back to the original question... do you think a damped pulley is
preferable
> to a non-damped pulley on a 948?
>
> Richard

Production Metros all use a damped pulley, be they 1098 or 1275.  I guess
that this means that BL/BMC/BMW (Whatever) think they're best at damping the
crankshaft vibrations at running speeds.  My 1098 uses the damped pulley and
the later timing cover with the marks at top from the Metro.

Rob Thomas (but would be willing to change it to Larry or Ed if it would
make life easier)