Re: Past & Present

To: vping@optonline.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Past & Present
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:34:48 EST
In a message dated 2/21/00 1:07:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
vping@optonline.net writes:

<< I am curious and have been asked, because of my love of British cars, What
 makes were made and what makes are presently made by the British. I really
 don't know the whole story. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oh, is that all?  There were a LOT of cars made in Britain.  Now they are all
made by German and American companies.

I think this question is a bit beyond the scope of this list, but there are
many resources on the 'net, and at the library.  Go to www.amazon.com and
search for "british cars".  I got 64 books listed including The Complete
Catalogue of British Cars 1895-1975 by David Culshaw, Peter Horrobin, for
$29.95.

Also, an Alta Vista search gave me 9,740 hits on "british cars".  MGs are
still the best, with Austin Healy (Sprite in particular) a close second.

Good luck.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget