Re: Piece of crap on ebay

To: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Piece of crap on ebay
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:20:30 -0800
Paul,

The top bear a strong resemblance to the tops from Smoothline makes, right
down to that do-hickey in the pillar. I think there is an emblem that goes
there originally to conceal what appears to be a mounting attachment point.
>From the rear photo, I would say the top is actually for '68 and later cars
with the top attached. Smoothline sells these new for around $900 plus
freight and would probably look decent refinshed.
http://www.smoothline.com/appchart.htm Click on MG Midget Mk III Roll Up
Windows for a picture of one on a RB Midget.

Gerard

At 3:41 PM +0000 2/22/00, Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D. wrote:
>List,
>
>I know that the List has already talked about the piece of crap Midget on
>ebay:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=265144280
>
>Since he is here in Lexington, I'm thinking of offering him $100 to take
>it off
>of his hands.  Can someone tell me about the hardtop?  Is this a bugeye
>top or an aftermarket for his Midget?
>
>Any one interested in donating $10 bucks apiece and I'll bring it to Carlisle
>in May and let everyone take what they want?  Probably not $10 bucks
>worth of parts on the whole car.
>
>Thanks,
>Paul

>Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.