Re: Pertronix Revisited

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Pertronix Revisited
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 19:20:12 EST
Cc: pasgeirsson@juno.com, endicott@nashville.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, nosimport@mailbag.com
Hi Crash,

This was in a sidebar on the instructions and was for general information
as to how an internally ballasted coil could be detected.

As for bypassing the resister when cranking if it's in the coil, you
don't!  That's why so many of these cars have hot start problems.  Let
them cool down a bit and they start up OK as the resister has cooled and
is now allowing higher voltage to the coil.  Adding an external resister
to an internally resisted coil makes for some interesting spark problems.
 Don't laugh, I've seen them!

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com