Re: FUEL FILTERS

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FUEL FILTERS
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 08:50:33 -0600
This past weekend I had the gasket on float bowl chamber let go.
I removed the top to replace it and was shocked at the very fine dust
that had collected in the base of bowl.  This is with 2 inline fuel filters
one just after the tank and one just before the carbs.
It seems to cause no problems as the dust rests in the base and doesn't
float around. Never the less I sponged out the gas and throughly cleaned
the dust out.
I wonder if it's possible that the dust comes from the lead additive I
occasionally use?

Cheers,
Jim
60 Sprite